Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a magazine called Reform Judiasm, Spring 2007 as a suggestion for Passover. The photo is fantastic. McCormick makes the red curry powder but it is a blend of spices that includes: cumin, cardamom and hot red chili powder. Use almonds for Passover or peanuts if not using for Passover.
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry powder or 1 -2 tablespoon madras curry
- 1⁄2 cup fruity white wine, Riesling and Gewurztraminer are good
- 8 chicken pieces, approx. 13 . 5 lbs
- 1 cup Chinese duck sauce, Gold's brand is good
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 tablespoon scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, finely chopped, peanuts if not making for Passover
- Melt margarine in a saucepan and stir in the curry powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the wine.
- Remove from the heat.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces and place in a roasting pan and baste with the curry sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Spread the duck sauce over the chicken pieces and bake another 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Place chicken pieces on a serving platter.
- Heat the sauce and pan drippings in a clean 1 quart saucepan over a high flame and cook until the sauce is reduced by 1/3.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the coconut, scallions and nuts.