1 hr 10 mins
From a magazine called Reform Judiasm, Spring 2007 as a suggestion for Passover. The photo is fantastic. McCormick makes the red curry powder but it is a blend of spices that includes: cumin, cardamom and hot red chili powder. Use almonds for Passover or peanuts if not using for Passover.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry powder or 1 -2 tablespoon madras curry
- 1/2 cup fruity white wine, Riesling and Gewurztraminer are good
- 8 chicken pieces, approx. 13 . 5 lbs
- 1 cup Chinese duck sauce, Gold's brand is good
- 1/4 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 tablespoon scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, finely chopped, peanuts if not making for Passover
- 1Melt margarine in a saucepan and stir in the curry powder.
- 2Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the wine.
- 3Remove from the heat.
- 4Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces and place in a roasting pan and baste with the curry sauce.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- 6Spread the duck sauce over the chicken pieces and bake another 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- 7Place chicken pieces on a serving platter.
- 8Heat the sauce and pan drippings in a clean 1 quart saucepan over a high flame and cook until the sauce is reduced by 1/3.
- 9Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the coconut, scallions and nuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nirvana Chicken (Passover)
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 547.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: