1/1 Photo of Nordic Moon Ranch's Most Excellent Ground Lamb
Bev in NY's Note:
This recipe is great for just about anything you want to fill or top. Use it over rice, serve it in Pita's with Feta Cheese, fill pastry shells, or even have it on toast! It is very flavorful and has an Indian Flair to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g ground lamb
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml your favorite curry powder (I use Rogan Josh)
- 177.44 ml red wine or 177.44 ml beef broth
- 19.71 ml tomato paste
- 2 clove garlic
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59-1.23 ml red pepper flakes (for you pepper bellies out there) (optional)
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1In a large, preheated heavy skillet over medium heat, brown lamb evenly.
- 2Drain of all fat.
- 3In same skillet, saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- 4Using mortar and pestal, grind garlic to a paste with the salt.
- 5Add paste to onions in skillet.
- 6Stir in curry powder and red pepper flakes if used.
- 7Return lamb to skillet and add tomato paste and broth or wine.
- 8Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 to 20 minutes, or until flavors have blended and liquids are thickened.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nordic Moon Ranch's Most Excellent Ground Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.0
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 486.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 19.6 g