Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Indian food is the best food ever, IMO. I found this on a local florida newspaper website while looking for recipes that use a lot of "spice". I'd recommend frying the paneer in a little oil before adding b/c it will add a lot more flavor to the dish. Serve with basmati rice and/or naan.
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 8 ounces paneer cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 -3 fresh jalapenos (desired to taste)
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces water (desired to taste)
- Defrost frozen spinach into warm water.
- Sauté onion, fenugreek leaf, salt into 1-2 tablespoons of clarified butter or oil until onion is translucent.
- Then add ginger paste, chopped garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes and jalapeños and reduce heat.
- Let it simmer slowly in a medium heat.
- Add defrosted spinach with water, cover and simmer on low heat for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add paneer to spinach (fry it if desired).
- Remove from the heat and serve.