Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe - Paneer Dish in Gravy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 -10 peppercorns
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 5 green cardamoms
- 10 cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 400 g cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1Cut the paneer into one inch cubes or triangles.
- 2Remove stem, wash and chop green chillies. Take butter in a microwave dish, heat uncovered, for thirty seconds on Microwave HIGH (100%).
- 3Add bay leaves, peppercorns, cinnamon, green cardamoms and cloves. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and green chillies. Stir well and cook, uncovered, on Microwave HIGH (100%) for three minutes.
- 4Add tomato puree, Kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and one and a half cups of water.
- 5Cook, covered, on Microwave HIGH (100%) for ten minutes.
- 6Add sugar or honey and crushed kasuri methi. Adjust salt and mix well.
- 7Add the paneer pieces, cook, uncovered on Microwave MEDIUM (70%) for eight minutes. Add fresh cream.
- 8Cook, uncovered, on Microwave LOW (50%) for two to three minute. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paneer Makhani
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.6
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 599.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kashmiri chili powder
dried fenugreek leaves