Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe - Paneer Dish in Gravy
Make and share this Paneer Makhani recipe from Food.com.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 -10 peppercorns
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 5 green cardamoms
- 10 cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 400 g cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Cut the paneer into one inch cubes or triangles.
- Remove stem, wash and chop green chillies. Take butter in a microwave dish, heat uncovered, for thirty seconds on Microwave HIGH (100%).
- Add bay leaves, peppercorns, cinnamon, green cardamoms and cloves. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and green chillies. Stir well and cook, uncovered, on Microwave HIGH (100%) for three minutes.
- Add tomato puree, Kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and one and a half cups of water.
- Cook, covered, on Microwave HIGH (100%) for ten minutes.
- Add sugar or honey and crushed kasuri methi. Adjust salt and mix well.
- Add the paneer pieces, cook, uncovered on Microwave MEDIUM (70%) for eight minutes. Add fresh cream.
- Cook, uncovered, on Microwave LOW (50%) for two to three minute. Serve hot.