1/1 Photo of Pol Roti (Coconut Roti/Indian Flatbread)
1 hr 5 mins
This is from yesterday's City Times newspaper. Looks sooo delish! I am drooling already. Will be making this very soon:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix together the flour, coconut and salt.
- 2Add some water.
- 3Grease your palm with a little butter.
- 4Then, mix the batter well to form a dough.
- 5(The idea behind greasing your palms is to avoid the batter from sticking to your palms).
- 6Add chillies and onions.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Divide the dough into 6-8 equal sized balls.
- 9Then, using a rolling pin, on a floured board, roll out each ball into a round roti.
- 10Heat a flat pan (tawa).
- 11Put the roti on it in the middle of the pan.
- 12When one side is cooked, turn it and cook the other side until light brown specs appear on either side.
- 13Remove from pan.
- 14Serve hot with Pol Sambhar (recipe posted separately).
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pol Roti (Coconut Roti/Indian Flatbread)
Serving Size: 1 (1042 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: