This is from yesterday's City Times newspaper. Looks sooo delish! I am drooling already. Will be making this very soon:)
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, coconut and salt.
- Add some water.
- Grease your palm with a little butter.
- Then, mix the batter well to form a dough.
- (The idea behind greasing your palms is to avoid the batter from sticking to your palms).
- Add chillies and onions.
- Mix well.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 equal sized balls.
- Then, using a rolling pin, on a floured board, roll out each ball into a round roti.
- Heat a flat pan (tawa).
- Put the roti on it in the middle of the pan.
- When one side is cooked, turn it and cook the other side until light brown specs appear on either side.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve hot with Pol Sambhar (recipe posted separately).
This is Sri Lankan I think.
Yes this is a Sri Lankan recipe. Pol means coconut in sinhalese
Isn't this a Sri Lankan dish? This is excellent by the way. I've had this many times while I was there and have been making it for a while since returning home. Its great plain too, hot out of the pan with some butter....yummy!