This recipe was created with the ladies in mind. Spicy, but not too hot. Simple to prepare and cook. Served with a vegetable dish over rice. The sauce can be thickened with a few table spoons of ground almonds.
- 1 lb lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 green chili, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a pot and melt the butter.
- Fry the onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, chili powder,coriander, cumin and turmeric, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes stirring to coat the meat with the spices.
- Add the chopped tomato and puree with the water, mix well and add the chopped chili coconut cream and paprika.
- Cover pot and cook on low heat till the meat is tender, approx 30 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and a vegetable curry for a complete meal.