Amy - Ellie's Mommie's Note:
A recipe based on Lorna Sass' excellent Tamed Pork Vindaloo with Spinach and Potatoes. I've made changes to make it lower calorie and lower protein. This can also be made in a crock pot, cooked on high for at least 8 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, large
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 20 ounces spinach, frozen chopped
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1Over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil in pressure cooker.
- 2Cook onion, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add pork and cumin seeds and cook until pork is lightly browned - 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add water and stir well, making sure to scrape up all fond.
- 4Add coconut milk and blend in mustard, salt, turmeric, and cayenne.
- 5Add frozen blocks of spinach and set potatoes on top.
- 6Lock pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure. Lower heat and cook for 15 minutes. Slow-release pressure.
- 7Cut potatoes into smaller pieces and adjust sauce for taste - adding salt, cayenne or mustard as needed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Vindaloo - Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 524.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
coarse grain mustard