1/1 Photo of Potato and Pea Curry
Chef #302958's Note:
This is a quick and easy curry which you can serve with rice. Don't be afraid to add extra spices - the yogurt side dish will cool you down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon parsley or 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1Heat oil in pan.
- 2Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
- 3Add potato and spices, cook another 2 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes and water, bring to boil.
- 5Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6When potato is tender, add peas. Cook until peas are hot.
- 7Stir yogurt and parsley or mint together in a separate bowl.
- 8Serve curry over rice with a dollop of cooling yogurt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Pea Curry
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: