This is a quick and easy curry which you can serve with rice. Don't be afraid to add extra spices - the yogurt side dish will cool you down.
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon parsley or 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
- Add potato and spices, cook another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and water, bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When potato is tender, add peas. Cook until peas are hot.
- Stir yogurt and parsley or mint together in a separate bowl.
- Serve curry over rice with a dollop of cooling yogurt.