1 hr 30 mins
For the full Indian curry experience, serve this dish with warmed naan ( we use Best Healthy Vegan Indian Naan (Or Garlic Naan) Bread!), sliced green onion, and a bowl of spicy chutney. Be sure the lid to the Dutch oven closes tightly over the spinach so no steam escapes while the dish is cooking. Found in Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (6 cups)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced (1 cup)
- 9 garlic cloves, chopped (3 Tbsp)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped (tightly packed)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Generously spray inside of 5 1/2 or 6-quart Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- 2Stir together rice and 2 1/4 cups broth in pot. Top with potatoes, season with salt and pepper, then add chickpeas.
- 3Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder, and remaining 3/4 cup broth in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread tomato mixture over chickpeas, then top with spinach.
- 4Cover pot, and bake 53 minutes, or about 3 minutes after aroma wafts from oven.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato & Chickpea Curry With Rice (Dutch Oven)
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 835.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth