Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For the full Indian curry experience, serve this dish with warmed naan ( we use Best Healthy Vegan Indian Naan (Or Garlic Naan) Bread!), sliced green onion, and a bowl of spicy chutney. Be sure the lid to the Dutch oven closes tightly over the spinach so no steam escapes while the dish is cooking. Found in Vegetarian Times.
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (6 cups)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced (1 cup)
- 9 garlic cloves, chopped (3 Tbsp)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped (tightly packed)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Generously spray inside of 5 1/2 or 6-quart Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Stir together rice and 2 1/4 cups broth in pot. Top with potatoes, season with salt and pepper, then add chickpeas.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder, and remaining 3/4 cup broth in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread tomato mixture over chickpeas, then top with spinach.
- Cover pot, and bake 53 minutes, or about 3 minutes after aroma wafts from oven.