Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
savory and delicious
Make and share this Potatoes With Indian Spices recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Slice the potatoes into half-inch rounds, then dice these further into small, evenly-sized cubes.
- Using a wok or other non-stick pan, take the minimum amount of oil needed and fry these cubed potatoes over a high heat to start with and then turn the heat down and cover. When the potatoes are a little more than half done, add the turmeric, chili powder and some salt, closely followed by the remaining spices. Stir to combine and put the lid back on once again.
- When the potatoes are nearly ready (and you will have to be vigilant to ensure they don't get too soft), take the lid off, turn the heat up and stir-fry to enable any excess liquid to evaporate. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
This is areally special tasty, attractive recipe - Can you tell that I loved it It will be made again
Yummy! I added mustard seeds to the spices and cooked in a non stick frying pan. This is wonderful and so quick! Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful!!! This was quick and easy. A potatoes farmer gave hubby a huge bag of potatoes, so I have been looking for some interesting recipes to use them on. I seen this recipe in the "What's Popular Now" section and I had to try it. It was delicious, everyone enjoyed it including my 6 year old daughter. Changes I made is, I left out the red chilli (hubby and I like a little heat but Little Miss doesn't) and "garnished" it with fresh mint instead of coriander (it was all I had at home). Thank you for the recipe Vicki in CT