From Cooks Illustrated Magazine. I haven't made this yet but it looked fabulous and I don't want to lose the recipe. Work and prep times do not include hour brining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 quarts water
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 bone in pork loin chops or 4 bone in center-cut pork chops (about 3 lbs total)
Spice rub makes 1/4 cup of spice rub
- 1Grind fennel in a spice grinder.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a bowl except sugar.
- 3Place in a cold sauté pan.
- 4Turn heat to medium and heat/toast spices just until fragrant.
- 5DO NOT BURN.
- 6Remove from pan allow to cool to room temperature and add the sugar.
- 7Set aside.
- 8(can be made in advance and stored, tightly covered) Dissolve salt and sugar in COLD water.
- 9Pour into a two gallon zip lock type bag and add the chops.
- 10(Or divide evenly between smaller bags) Squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing.
- 11Refrigerate for about an hour, turning occasionally.
- 12Remove chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- 13Coat with spice mixture and massage into the meat.
- 14Allow to sit with rub while preparing the grill.
- 15Prepare Grill to very hot.
- 16(Gas grill pre-heat 10-15 minutes) if using a gas grill turn off one burner, if using charcoal, move coals to one side of the grill.
- 17Place chops on the very hot side of the grill, cover and cook until browned on each side (approx 3-4 min per side) then move over to the cooler side of the grill to continue cooking.
- 18Turning once until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees (approx 7-9 minutes longer) remove from heat and allow to rest at least 5 minutes.
- 19(Internal temp will rise to about 145 degrees) Serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Brined Pork Chops, Grilled With Indian Spice Rub
Serving Size: 1 (1011 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 21295.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 18.8 g