1/1 Photo of Quorn Tikka Masala
This is a vegetarian version of the traditional Indian dish Chicken tikka masala. Seitan, cubed tofu, or paneer can be substituted for quorn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Quorn tenders
- 2 tablespoons tikka paste
- 6 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger (or ginger paste)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla soymilk
- 1Defrost quorn tenders in the microwave for about a minute.
- 2Mix quorn with yogurt and tikka paste and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-6 hours.
- 3Take tenders out of marinade,(keep the remaining marinade, as you will need it later), and bake on cookie sheet until some of the yogurt bakes away (do not over cook tenders, or they will be dry).
- 4At medium temperature, heat baking spray in sauté pan.
- 5When the pan is hot, add the onion and pepper.
- 6Sauté for 1-3 minutes, then add the spice (with garlic powder, curry, graham masala, ginger powder, vinegar, grated ginger, soy sauce, diced garlic, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, and salt) mixture.
- 7Stir for 2 minutes.
- 8Combine 1 tbsp lukewarm water with the yogurt marinade that was kept aside earlier.
- 9Slowly add this mixture to the pan, letting about half of the liquid evaporate.
- 10Add the tomato puree and stir briefly.
- 11Add the silk and quorn tenders (or other chicken substitute pieces) and cover and simmer on low heat, for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 13Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quorn Tikka Masala
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 877.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat vanilla soymilk