Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From today's Weekend magazine! This raita is good for health and a great summer treat thats packed with alot of nutrients that come from radish and lots of calcium that comes from the yogurt.
- Sprinkle some salt over the grated radish.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess water from the radish.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the yougurt and radish with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate until its time to serve.
- Garnish with corriander leaves before serving.
- Serve with a spicy curry/veggie and rice.
I cut this recipe in half. It isn't the most visually appealing recipe as I was hoping due to the amount of yogurt indicated, but I enjoyed it very much so nevertheless. Very refreshing! Note: you will have to drain the yogurt water out of the dip before serving on the table. I was thinking how fabulous this would be with masala potatoes. Tonight we served it with an Asian/ Indian meal. I used only one half of a jalapeno for the adjusted serving that I prepared. I would think for many people, two whole jalapenos would be too hot. Next time I might try toasting whole cumin seeds instead of using powdered cumin. Char, keep the raita recipes coming. Thanks for sharing. Cookgirl