This is a quick and easy curry made from red kidney beans. Served with either naan (flatbread) or rice. Rajma masala is sold at most food stores in the international section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon rajma, masala if desired (or more) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- sliced onion (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (to garnish)
- 1In a medium pot, heat oil. When hot, add cumin.
- 2Once the cumin begins to brown, add the garlic and ginger. Let it cook for 1 min, stir constantly.
- 3Add onions and stir until onion turns clear and add the tomato sauce.
- 4Keep stirring the sauce until it's slightly thickens and begins to separate a bit from the oil.
- 5Add the Rajma masala, salt and chili powder and stirl for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Last, throw in the two cans of kidney beans, undrained. Let it cook for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally.
- 7You adjust the spices accordingly, while tasting along.
- 8Serve with some sliced onions, a lemon wedge and garnish with some chopped coriander. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rajma (Indian Red Kidney Bean Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1637.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 22.8 g