1/1 Photo of Saag Khumb (Spinach and Mushrooms)
Sue Lau's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, drained, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 serrano chili, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon ghee or 1 -2 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1Place ginger, garlic and chile into food processor or blender with 1/4 cup water and puree.
- 2Heat 1-2 tablespoons ghee in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add puree and saute, stirring for 30 seconds-1 minute or until fragrant.
- 4Add spinach to pan and season to taste with salt, cooking for an additional minute.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is soft (10-15 minutes).
- 6Stir in garam masala, cayenne, cream, and a small amount of water if needed (to adjust consistency).
- 7Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 8Serve garnished with chopped cilantro (coriander), if desired, along with freshly steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saag Khumb (Spinach and Mushrooms)
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: