1/2 Photos of Saffron Rice
Sue Lau's Note:
Golden rice that is lightly spiced, a great accompaniment for grilled meats and tandoori chicken, as well as curries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak saffron in 1/2 cup boiling water for 20-30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, saute onions in the ghee until tender; set aside.
- 3Rinse the basmati under cold water in a sieve, until water runs clear, allow to drain.
- 4Place the rice and the onions in a saucepan and add the 1/2 cup saffron water as well as 2 1/2 cups hot water, the cardamon pods, the cloves, and the salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce heat, cover, and cook over low heat until the rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 6If any liquid remains, drain it.
- 7Stir peas into mixture, if desired, as a garnish; serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Rice
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 587.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green cardamom pods