1/5 Photos of Samosa Pie
1 hr 45 mins
Posted by request for my Sister. You will need a 10 inch springform pan for this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 10 cups cooked cubed potatoes, 1/2 inch
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2EGG WASH: Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl.
- 4In a food processor, process the flour, butter, and salt until the dough forms a soft ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. This dough will be moist and softer than most pastry.
- 6In a large saute pan, heat the oil and add onions, ginger, and garlic. Saute until onions are golden.
- 7Add the potatoes, and saute for a few minutes more.
- 8Add the spices and stir until mixed in well with the potato mixture.
- 9Add the cilantro, lemon juice, and peas, stirring well. Remove from heat.
- 11Leave about a third of the dough for the top crust. Roll out remaining dough to about 1/8 inch thick.
- 12Line the springform pan with the dough, letting in hang over the top about 1/2 an inch.
- 13Brush with the egg wash.
- 14Pour in the filling and press down well.
- 15Roll out the reserved dough, place over the pan, trim pastry and crimp edges sealing well. Brush with remaining egg wash.
- 16Bake in oven for about 1 hour, until golden and heated through. Best made a day ahead and reheated at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- 17Serve with Raita.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Samosa Pie
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.3
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g