Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy little bread disks from “The Indian Menu Planner”. Cooking time is baking time per batch. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
- Sift flour with salt onto a large bowl.
- In 1 ½ tbsp of milk, dissolve the saffron and set it aside.
- The remaining milk should be heated carefully in a pot and the sugar should be dissolved in it. Allow the warmed milk to cool.
- After making a well in the flour, pour in the now cooler milk and mix together until a soft dough is formed.
- Cover the dough with a warm damp cloth and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add a little of the melted butter to the dough, kneading, until all of the butter is incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 12 parts, cover with a warm damp cloth and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Roll each part of the dough out with a rolling pin. They should be 6 inch circles.
- Using a fork, prick all over the circles.
- On a greased baking tray, bake for 4 minutes, then brush them with the milk and saffron mixture and bake for another 4 minutes.
- Eat with melted butter brushed on while still hot.