1 hr 10 mins
Chef Patience's Note:
Yummy little bread disks from “The Indian Menu Planner”. Cooking time is baking time per batch. Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour with salt onto a large bowl.
- 2In 1 ½ tbsp of milk, dissolve the saffron and set it aside.
- 3The remaining milk should be heated carefully in a pot and the sugar should be dissolved in it. Allow the warmed milk to cool.
- 4After making a well in the flour, pour in the now cooler milk and mix together until a soft dough is formed.
- 5Cover the dough with a warm damp cloth and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 6Add a little of the melted butter to the dough, kneading, until all of the butter is incorporated.
- 7Divide the dough into 12 parts, cover with a warm damp cloth and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 8Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 9Roll each part of the dough out with a rolling pin. They should be 6 inch circles.
- 10Using a fork, prick all over the circles.
- 11On a greased baking tray, bake for 4 minutes, then brush them with the milk and saffron mixture and bake for another 4 minutes.
- 12Eat with melted butter brushed on while still hot.
Nutritional Facts for Sheermal
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g