Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious mixture of beans and spices that adds a zing to meals. It takes just minutes to prepare. Great for anything from dinner parties to eating outdoors
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon pepper, black coarse
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- Drain all the beans well.
- In a bowl place the sesame oil and garlic, mix well. Add the onion, stir.
- Sprinkle in the coriander, chili, cumin, black pepper and salt and stir.
- Mix with the beans, sprinkle over the lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve at room temperature.