1/1 Photo of Spicy Chicken Thick Gravy
This always makes my mouth water and my friends love this chicken gravy. It can be eaten with bread, rice, chappatis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 chicken, skinned and cut
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 1 medium potato, skinned and cubed
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cream (to garnish)
- 1Wash the chicken well and with a knife slash the chicken flesh a little to enable to juices to penetrate.
- 2In a bowl mix, chicken, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt, lime juice, yoghurt and set aside. You can choose to set aside this mixture for about 1 hour to enable better flavoring.
- 3In a deep vessel / casserole vessel heat the oil and mustard seeds on medium flame.
- 4Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
- 5Add the turmeric powder and stir a little.
- 6Next add the cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf and fry for about 2 minutes.
- 7Next add the chopped tomatoes and sauté till the tomato smell disappears and then mash the tomatoes with your stirring spoon.
- 8Now add the cubed potatoes and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 9Add the chicken mixture to this mixture and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 10Add the coriander leaves and stir again for about 2 minutes.
- 11Add the water and stir again.
- 12Close the lid and let it simmer till the chicken is done.
- 13When chicken is done check the salt content and add a bit more salt as per taste.
- 14You can also add additional chili powder if you would like it spicy.
- 15When serving you can garnish this with a tsp of cream drizzled on top.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Thick Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.4
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 478.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: