Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The potatoes in this recipe take on the spicy flavours beautifully - the perfect veggie supper. Serve with yogurt and nan bread if you wish.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 parsnips, thickly sliced
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons medium curry paste or 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 ounces red lentils
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Tip in the potatoes, carrots and parsnips, turn up the heat and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables are golden.
- Stir in the curry paste or powder, pour in the stock and then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the lentils, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in most of the cilantro, season and heat for a minute or so.
- Top with yogurt and the rest of the cilantro. Serve with naan bread.