The potatoes in this recipe take on the spicy flavours beautifully - the perfect veggie supper. Serve with yogurt and nan bread if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 parsnips, thickly sliced
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons medium curry paste or 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 ounces red lentils
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt, to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- 2Tip in the potatoes, carrots and parsnips, turn up the heat and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables are golden.
- 3Stir in the curry paste or powder, pour in the stock and then bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce the heat, add the lentils, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- 5Stir in most of the cilantro, season and heat for a minute or so.
- 6Top with yogurt and the rest of the cilantro. Serve with naan bread.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Root & Lentil Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 72.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
medium curry paste