Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Stir Fried French Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups French beans, chopped
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium level and crackle the mustard seeds. Add the curry leaves, chopped green chillies and ginger. Fry lightly. Add the chopped onions and fry on medium level for about 2 minute(s).
- Mix in the french beans(I usually boil them for a fewminutes or microwave them for 5 mins or so to remove the raw taste), turmeric and salt. Sprinkle the water and cook covered on low level for about 10 minutes or till the beans are cooked but firm. Mix in the grated coconut. Sprinkle the lemon juice before serving (optional).
- Serve hot with White rice , chapathi or Warm dinner rolls.
Made for PAC Fall 2007 We enjoyed these beans but I did'nt have any curry leaves and I did'nt miss them...I love green beans and this was a nice change of flavour.