1/4 Photos of Stir-Fried Shrimp in Aromatic Tomato Cream Sauce
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Madhur Jaffrey's Quick and Easy Indian Cooking, posted for ZWT IV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh green chile, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 7 ounces coconut milk, well stirred (or 7/8 cup cream)
Shrimp Stir fry
- 1Make the sauce:.
- 2Put the tomato paste in a bowl. Add the salt, sugar, garam masala, cumin, cayenne, cilantro, green chili, lemon juice, (if using dried curry leaves, add them at this point - fresh go in with the stir fry), and 1 T water.
- 3Mix well. Slowly add the coconut milk or cream, mixing as you go. Set aside.
- 4The sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated for several hours.
- 6Put oil in wok or skillet and set over medium high heat. When oil is hot, put in the mustard seeds. As soon as they begin to pop - a few seconds - put in the garlic and fresh curry leaves, if using.
- 7Stir till garlic turns medium brown and put in the shrimp.
- 8stir till the shrimp turns opaque most of the way through.
- 9Add the sauce, turn the heat to medium and heat sauce through till it begins to simmer. The shrimp should be completely opaque and cooked thorugh. Turn off heat.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Shrimp in Aromatic Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.0
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 216.0 mg
- Sodium 706.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 31.1 g