This is going to be a new dish for some of you, The chicken is cooked in a spice and mango chutney sauce. The dish is Balti in origin and should be cooked in a wok. Stun your friends with this one.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken, and cubed
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 5 ounces warm water
- 2 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- In a large bowl mix together the tomato puree with the yogurt, garam masala, chilli powder, garlic, mango chutney, salt and sugar.
- Heat the oil in a wok, pour in the spice mix, stir, reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stir to coat all of the pieces and add the water.
- Cook for 6 mins till the meat is tender.
- Add half of the chillies and cream, cook 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the remaining chillies and the chopped coriander leaves.