Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a "Saatvik food" recipe that is very very tasty. Did you know that according to Ayurveda, the type of food one eats has an effect on one's thoughts, actions and health. According to this ancient science of life and longevity, food can be categorised into 3 categories: Raajsik, Taamsik and Saatvik. Raajsik food refers to all sour, spicy and hot food. Taamsik food refers to stale food, leftovers, meat and alcohol. Saatvik food is vegetarian food which is neither too spicy nor too hot. Eating Raajsik and Taamsik food is said to promote lust, anger, greed, arrogance and jealousy. Saatvik food tends to keep the mind in control and helps us to concentrate when meditating. It keeps the body healthy and disease-free to a great extent! What's more, a Saatvik diet helps you to lose weight more quickly because you eat healthy without any extra cals! So, what are you waiting for? Step into your kitchen and make this easy dish now!
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- oil, as required
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 4 green chilies, washed and sliced
For the marinade
- 1 cup plain yogurt, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste (prepared from fresh tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoons tandoori masala
- Mix marinade ingredients together.
- Add florets to the marinade.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- When hot, add the cumin seeds.
- Allow to splutter.
- Once they stop spluttering, toss in the marinated cauliflower florets and the marinade.
- Cook until the cauliflower is tender and the liquid has dried completely.
- Garnish with ginger, green chillies and corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with hot rotis or parathas.
I used this marinade on flattened chicken breast strips grilled on skewers and it was fantastic: aromatic, flavorful, tangy. I added garlic powder, ground red pepper and some coriander (had no coriander/cilantro leaves and didn't miss them). I had marinated the meat for 2 days and brushed it w/ butter when it was almost done grilling - breast is so lean. We had the chicken w/ basmati rice cooked in broth & butter and hot mango pickle. Good good good!
just finished serving this up. It was an absolute hit. Instead of cauliflower I used chickpeas and potatoes and added garlic (6cloves) I made enough for a family of 6 I have no left overs even the pan has been wiped clean. Thank you for posting this recipe Charisma. We will definetly be making this one again.
We did a vegetable medley instead of pure cauliflower, but wowsa! We loved it at our house. I would like to find more ways to use this sauce.