1 hr 20 mins
This is a "Saatvik food" recipe that is very very tasty. Did you know that according to Ayurveda, the type of food one eats has an effect on one's thoughts, actions and health. According to this ancient science of life and longevity, food can be categorised into 3 categories: Raajsik, Taamsik and Saatvik. Raajsik food refers to all sour, spicy and hot food. Taamsik food refers to stale food, leftovers, meat and alcohol. Saatvik food is vegetarian food which is neither too spicy nor too hot. Eating Raajsik and Taamsik food is said to promote lust, anger, greed, arrogance and jealousy. Saatvik food tends to keep the mind in control and helps us to concentrate when meditating. It keeps the body healthy and disease-free to a great extent! What's more, a Saatvik diet helps you to lose weight more quickly because you eat healthy without any extra cals! So, what are you waiting for? Step into your kitchen and make this easy dish now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- oil, as required
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 4 green chilies, washed and sliced
For the marinade
- 1Mix marinade ingredients together.
- 2Add florets to the marinade.
- 3Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- 4Heat oil in a skillet.
- 5When hot, add the cumin seeds.
- 6Allow to splutter.
- 7Once they stop spluttering, toss in the marinated cauliflower florets and the marinade.
- 8Cook until the cauliflower is tender and the liquid has dried completely.
- 9Garnish with ginger, green chillies and corriander leaves.
- 10Serve hot with hot rotis or parathas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori Masala Gobhi(Tandoori Masala in Yoghurt Cauliflower)
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 323.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: