Mini Ravindran's Note:
It is tangy and hot and very very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet (do not smoke).
- 2Add black pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and add cubed chicken pieces.
- 3Saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 4Cover the lid and let chicken cook in its own juices for 15 minutes or until tender on low heat.
- 5Open the lid and add tamarind pulp, hot tomato sauce, salt and 3/4 cup of water.
- 6Cover and leave on high heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Turn off the heat, garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and serve hot on a bed of steamed basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Tamarind Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 503.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy tomato sauce