Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It is tangy and hot and very very yummy!
Make and share this Tangy Tamarind Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet (do not smoke).
- Add black pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and add cubed chicken pieces.
- Saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Cover the lid and let chicken cook in its own juices for 15 minutes or until tender on low heat.
- Open the lid and add tamarind pulp, hot tomato sauce, salt and 3/4 cup of water.
- Cover and leave on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and serve hot on a bed of steamed basmati rice.