This is one curry u dont want to miss. Its one of the few really yummy curries Subru uncle makes for us. The last 3 days, this has been my addiction. Be it lunch/ midnight, if I'm not on my chair or exercising or asleep or outisde shoping, etc, I'm right in front of the fridge, hunting for this curry! Even a drop is an ocean, I love this curry that much:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 mangoes, washed,peeled and diced,retain seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 750 g low-fat yogurt, beaten
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 -5 curry leaves, washed
- 2 green chilies, slit in between
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon methi seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1Put the mangoes in a skillet alongwith the whole seeds of the mangoes.
- 2Add the curry leaves, green chillies and water.
- 3Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Cook on high flame for 8-10 minutes.
- 6Remove from flame and keep aside.
- 7Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan.
- 8Add the mustard seeds and allow to crackle.
- 9Add methi seeds and allow to sizzle.
- 10Add the cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- 11Add few curry leaves and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Pour into curry.
- 14Stir well.
- 15Allow to cool for about 30 minutes on the kitchen counter.
- 16Then, stir in the beaten yogurt.
- 17Mix it well and serve with cooked white Basmati rice.
- 18This is one lunch that you will eat licking your fingers and enjoying every morsel, I PROMISE!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for To Die For The World's Best Indian Mango Curry
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 1159.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: