From the "Weekend" magazine. They say that once you try this pretty soup you will never buy canned tomato soup again!
- Preheat oven to 220.
- Brush a tablespoons.
- of oil over the roasting pan.
- Put in tomatoes, cut-side up.
- Tuck in onion wedges and garlic.
- Scatter the lemon grass and sprinkle with sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over this.
- Roast for 50 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes.
- In a blender/food processor, liquidise the contents of pan, scraping the bottom, together with the stock.
- Rub through a sieve to remove all the bits.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- For vegetarian use the vegetable stock.