Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Vegetable Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chili, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 -4 curry leaves
- 400 g mixed vegetables, thickly sliced eg carrot, squash, snow peas, red peppers, cauliflower etc
- 1⁄4 cup toasted cashews
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- basil leaves, to garnish
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashews (to garnish)
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- pappadams, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and saute the onion, mustard seeds, ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat and add chilli, turmeric, ground coriander, curry powder and leaves.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vegetables, toasted cashews and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and stock, simmer covered until vegetables are just tender, about 30 minutes.
- (Extra water may be required to cover vegetables).
- Season prior to serving.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and basil sprigs and extra toasted cashews.
- Serve with steamed rice and pappadums.
Wonderful veg. curry! I made it for lunch this afternoon using 3 carrots, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and green bell pepper (1 each), 5 cauliflower florets, 1 small packet of baby corn and about half a cup of French beans. As we are vegetarians, I used vegetable stock and not chicken stock. I did require about 1 1/2 cups of water to cover the vegetables. I served this curry with white Basmati rice and Punjabi papads. This curry was on the spicy side, not too spicy, just right- I especially like the curry powder in it. Hit the spot! Please note: I do not have peanut oil, so I used sunflower cooking oil. A definite keeper in my books! Thank You for sharing :)
Loved it! Made for a buffet along with another of your recipes Mediterranean Chicken Casserole. Over the past couple of years curry has become one of our favourite additions to our menu - we really enjoyed this Vegetable Curry and plans are to make it again - soon! Loved that it not only tasted good but made for great presentation. Made for Auz/NZ Swap.
I love this recipe! I've made it at least 10 times it's so good. Always comes out perfectly, and my family loves it.