Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Vegetable Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chili, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 -4 curry leaves
- 400 g mixed vegetables, thickly sliced eg carrot, squash, snow peas, red peppers, cauliflower etc
- 1⁄4 cup toasted cashews
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- basil leaves, to garnish
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashews (to garnish)
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- pappadams, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and saute the onion, mustard seeds, ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat and add chilli, turmeric, ground coriander, curry powder and leaves.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vegetables, toasted cashews and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and stock, simmer covered until vegetables are just tender, about 30 minutes.
- (Extra water may be required to cover vegetables).
- Season prior to serving.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and basil sprigs and extra toasted cashews.
- Serve with steamed rice and pappadums.