2 hrs 45 mins
This is a filling snack which can be packed for school children and it makes a full meal along with soup and salad. This can be prepared in advance and wrapped with cling wrap. It is an ideal snack for kids' parties too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 long hot dog buns
- 2 onions
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon saunf
- cooking oil, to shallow fry
- 1 cup curds
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cucumber, grated
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup maida flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cornflour mixed in tablespoon water
- 1To prepare vegetable mayonnaise, tie the curd in a cloth for 2 hours to remove excess water.
- 2Mix the cream, cucumber, salt, pepper and cheese to make a thick paste.
- 3For the cutlets, boil the potatoes, carrots and peas till soft.
- 4In a pan, add oil and saunf with finely cut onions, ginger and chillies.
- 5Add the mashed vegetables with salt, chilli powder, garam masala, maida, peanuts and cilantro.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Roll them and make them into lengthwise cutlets.
- 8dip them in milk or cornflour.
- 9Dust with breadcrumbs.
- 10Shallow fry in a flat pan adding oil as and when required till they become crisp and golden.
- 11Cut the buns lengthwise and apply the mayonnaise generously.
- 12Place a cutlet and a lettuce leaf inside and close it tightly.
- 13Serve with hot and sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Hot Dog
Serving Size: 1 (2342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 701.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: