Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a filling snack which can be packed for school children and it makes a full meal along with soup and salad. This can be prepared in advance and wrapped with cling wrap. It is an ideal snack for kids' parties too!
- 12 long hot dog buns
- 2 onions
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saunf
- cooking oil, to shallow fry
- 1 cup curds
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, grated
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, grated
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup maida flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cornflour mixed in tablespoon water
- To prepare vegetable mayonnaise, tie the curd in a cloth for 2 hours to remove excess water.
- Mix the cream, cucumber, salt, pepper and cheese to make a thick paste.
- For the cutlets, boil the potatoes, carrots and peas till soft.
- In a pan, add oil and saunf with finely cut onions, ginger and chillies.
- Add the mashed vegetables with salt, chilli powder, garam masala, maida, peanuts and cilantro.
- Mix well.
- Roll them and make them into lengthwise cutlets.
- dip them in milk or cornflour.
- Dust with breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in a flat pan adding oil as and when required till they become crisp and golden.
- Cut the buns lengthwise and apply the mayonnaise generously.
- Place a cutlet and a lettuce leaf inside and close it tightly.
- Serve with hot and sour sauce.