Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine.
Make and share this Very Famous All Over The World: Indian Shami Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g minced meat (keema)
- 100 g channa dal (yellow lentils)
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled,washed and finely grated
- 4 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 slice bread, dampened in a little water,squezed and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- oil, to shallow fry
- 1⁄4 cup onion, washed,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- Combine together in a large bowl the minced meat, chana dal, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, cardamom, red chilli powder, garlic and some water.
- Boil until cooked and almost dry.
- Allow to cool.
- Add grated ginger, onion, green chillies, cumin and corriander powders, garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- Grind this mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add bread, corriander and mint leaves and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Divide equally and shape into balls.
- Flatten each ball.
- To prepare the filling, combine all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix well.
- Place 1 tsp. of filling and close up the edges.
- Shape it back into a ball, flatten slightly. Shallow fry the kebabs until well browned.
- Serve warm with chutney.