1 hr 45 mins
This is from the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g minced meat (keema)
- 100 g channa dal (yellow lentils)
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled,washed and finely grated
- 4 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 slice bread, dampened in a little water,squezed and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- oil, to shallow fry
- 1Combine together in a large bowl the minced meat, chana dal, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, cardamom, red chilli powder, garlic and some water.
- 2Boil until cooked and almost dry.
- 3Allow to cool.
- 4Add grated ginger, onion, green chillies, cumin and corriander powders, garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- 5Grind this mixture.
- 6Transfer to a bowl.
- 7Add bread, corriander and mint leaves and lemon juice.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Divide equally and shape into balls.
- 10Flatten each ball.
- 11To prepare the filling, combine all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix well.
- 12Place 1 tsp. of filling and close up the edges.
- 13Shape it back into a ball, flatten slightly. Shallow fry the kebabs until well browned.
- 14Serve warm with chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Famous All Over The World: Indian Shami Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 76.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: